Posted on August 15 2014
Accessories are a great way to change up your look or add an extra touch of glam to your favourite swimwear. However, there is a fine line between trendy-chiq and oh-so-trashy. Follow these tips to expertly accessorize on the beach:
1. Jewelry can be a great addition! We love a great pair of earrings because they don't lead to unnecessary tan lines. Choose pieces that contrast while complementing your suit. Metallic accessories look great with a classic black bikini and can be a great way to update your look. Amp up the sex appeal with a gold body chain or silver bracelets.
2. A great pair of shades is key. We say, the bigger the better. Channel your inner movie-star, ladies.
3. Don't forget a cover-up. A sarong never goes out of style, or we love the Wrap It Dress because it can take you from the beach to dinner, and anywhere in between.
4. Bring a hat. Trucker hats are out, but the sleek and sexy fedora is so in. A fedora is easy to wear and can match virtually anything. If the fedora is not your style, you can't go wrong with a classic floppy hat. Your future wrinkle-free face will thank you for this one.
5. Leave the heels at home and opt for some comfy sandals that will get you through the sand. Our favorites are from Oka B because they will keep you comfortable all day, without sacrificing style. Bling is in, so don't hesitate to choose something embellished.
6. A beach bag is essential to keep all of your necessities together. Pick something easy to carry that is a good size. Tip: Opt for a bag with a waterproof pouch inside to protect your valuables from unexpected splashes or wet bathing suits. Don't forget to throw the sunscreen in there!